COVID-19 AlertOffices are closed to the public. Please call 704-545-9726 to make an appointment.
Stay up to dateNews & Announcements
Mint Hill Residents,
About this time every year, small business owners notice a decline in sales. The holiday rush is over, people are more mindful of their spending as they start the new year. This year local businesses need your support more than ever. The combination of businesses being required to temporarily shut down and people staying home last year caused many small businesses to suffer. Some did not survive, others had to reinvent themselves. It is up to us, the local community to support these businesses.
Our local businesses care about our community. They know their customers by name. They are our neighbors and our friends. They are what make our town unique.
Here are some ways to support your local businesses.
- Shop online – Many businesses have the option to purchase their goods through their website, Facebook, via a phone call or through email. Online purchases are a great way to support local without leaving the safety of your home. Therapist, tutoring, yoga, personal trainers, coaches, financial planners, etc. – all of these can be continued through videos and online conferencing.
- Order takeout or delivery -- In addition to being open for dining, many restaurants are offering delivery and curb side pickup. Now is the time to try something new.
- Purchase gift cards -- Buy gift cards for later from your favorite restaurants, stores, or personal service.
- Utilize social media – Follow, like, share, comment and spread the news of your local favorites to all your friends and followers.
- Continue to pay -- Your cleaning people, lawn service, handy person all have families they are trying to support. They need us like we need them.
- Be generous -- Tip service workers extra.
- Donate -- If you already paid for a class that was cancelled, instead of a refund, donate the money to the organization.
- Be understanding – Know each business is different and they are doing what is best for them and try to support them in any way possible. Reach out to business owners and ask how they are doing, or simply let them know you support their decision.
At the end of the day, it’s totally free to give a business a shout-out on social media, leave them a kind review, or hype them up through word of mouth. Facebook, Google, and Yelp are all great sources to write reviews.
Stay safe, stay well, stay home, get vaccinated!
Mint Hill Mayor