Planning Department

Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)

Online Access to Mint Hill's Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)

As a customer service effort from the Planning Department, The Town of Mint Hill uses Municipal Code Corporation to codify and publish all town codes and ordinances. During the process of providing ordinance updates from the Town to, there are periods when the online and published codes may be out of date.

The Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) is available at the website. The UDO replaced the Zoning Ordinance, Downtown Overlay Code and Subdivision Regulations on July 1, 2011.

Please consult the Planning Department at (704) 545-9726 for questions and clarifications.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is conditional zoning?

Conditional Zoning applies when a Principal Permitted Use, listed in Article 5‐Section 5.2 of the Unified Development Ordinance designates "CD" in the chart. An approved Conditional Zoning application by the Board of Commissioners generates a Conditional District. This is a zoning district in which the development and use of the property will be subject to predetermined ordinance standards as well as any additional rules, regulations, and conditions included as part of the legislative decision.

How do I initiate the process?
Call or visit the Mint Hill Planning Department for more information. Additionally, for your convenience, a detailed Flowchart has been prepared and can be found in the Unified Development Ordinance.
How long does it take to go through the Conditional Zoning process?
This varies depending on the specifics and scale of the proposal. At a minimum, the process for a relatively minor, small scale proposal will approximately take 3‐4 months. Generally, the process begins with a Sketch/Concept submittal that takes approximately 30 days to complete. The application then goes to public hearing 20‐30 days after submittal. The Planning Board makes a recommendation at their following meeting and then the decision is made at the following month's Board of Commissioner's meeting.
Go to FAQ

How do I find the Mint Hill Zoning Ordinance?

The Town of Mint Hill uses Municipal Code Corporation to codify and publish all Town codes and ordinances. The Mint Hill Zoning Ordinance is available at the MuniCode website.

Go to FAQ

How do I submit a rezoning request?

A rezoning application is available on our website. For specific information, please consult with the Planning Department at (704) 545-9726 for questions and clarifications.

Go to FAQ

Create a Support Ticket


Design and Code by Kaleidoscopic
Powered by PageCraftCMS