Military Hometown Heroes Banner Program
The Town of Mint Hill Announces Military Hometown Heroes Program
The Town of Mint Hill Military Hometown Heroes Banner Program is a tribute created for our community to honor fallen service members, veterans, and active-duty service members of the United States Armed Forces. Banners will be displayed on light poles with the veteran’s photo on both sides of the banner, along with name, conflict/war served and branch of service. Banners will be on display twice per year (Memorial Day and Veterans Day) for two years. The first cycle of banners will be hung around the fountain at Town Hall starting in November 2022.
- Honorees must be an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the United States Armed Forces service branches (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines or Navy)
- Honoree must be a former or current resident of the Town of Mint Hill (proof of residency may be required) OR actively involved in the Mint Hill Veteran community.
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH:
- Proof of military service and active-duty dates (e.g. Military ID, DD214, etc.)
- Honorable discharge or retirement papers (e.g. DD214, WD AGO, NAVPERS) if applicable.
- High-resolution digital image of honoree in official uniform. Digital photos preferred. Original photos will be returned.
Family and friends wishing to honor a loved one for their military service can obtain an application at https://tinyurl.com/mvtku4nk Banners will be available on a first come, first-serve basis.For more information on the Town of Mint Hill Hometown Heroes Program, contact Sheryl Smith at Mint Hill Town Hall 704-545-2335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline August 15.